About Catholic Mass Times
“Catholic Mass Times” is a project created by young Catholics who are passionate about helping others to get closer to their Father God, visit him more frequently, accompany him, thank him and express their love.
“Catholic Mass Times” is promoted by the Nuestra Señora de la Merced Foundation, located at Esmeralda 759 in the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina, to contribute to the dissemination and facilitate the location of the physical places where people can approach to live their Catholic faith and join the activities of spiritual formation and solidarity aid that are developed in parishes and Catholic churches.
“Catholic Mass Times” launched the first version of the app for iOS on March 19, 2014, the feast of St. Joseph, and the first version for Android on May 5, 2014, both of which were available only in Spanish.
Over time we have added localization for other languages and we have decided that in each language the app will have its name translated:
Why do we go to Mass?
According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, we Catholics attend Holy Mass for the following reasons:
- To give glory to God and honor Him as He deserves.
- This is known as the latreutic end of Holy Mass.
- To give thanks.
- This is known as the eucharistic end of Holy Mass.
- To ask for forgiveness for our sins and those of the whole world, and to offer prayers for the souls in purgatory.
- This is known as the propitiatory end of Holy Mass.
- To seek God’s help for our needs and the needs of others.
- This is known as the impetratory end of Holy Mass.
How can you join or support this project?
You can contribute to the growth and smooth functioning of the Catholic Mass Times app in the following ways:
- Sending information: Using the app on your mobile phone, compare the schedule listed in the app with the one displayed at each church you visit. If the schedules are up to date, you can press the ‘Confirm everything is OK’ button. If there is something that needs correction, you can press the ‘Report Error’ button. You can also help us by providing phone numbers and email addresses of churches that do not have them listed, or by submitting information about churches that are not yet featured in the app. To do this, press the ‘+’ icon at the top of the screen and fill out the available details.
- Spreading the word about this app: Put up this poster in your parish notice board and show your support by liking our Facebook page and sharing our articles with your friends.
- Volunteering: You can dedicate a small amount of time each week to verify the information provided by users and ensure it is correctly loaded into our systems. Additionally, you can assist us with outreach efforts and communication with the press. If you are interested in joining as a volunteer, please contact us via email.
How can you get in touch with us?
If you have any questions about our project, please contact us by emailing the address provided in the ‘Contact’ link on the homepage of our website.
This document was last updated on October 23, 2019.